5/29/2011

Mercy Moments

I work for a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy.The sister's challenge to all their ministries is to see how we can live and experience Mercy in our day to day lives. We call them Mercy Moments.I love Mercy Moments....and here is why:

· Mercy Moments help me live more intentionally…in the present…they help me to wake up and pay attention.

· Mercy Moments with the people I work with are gentle reminders that what I am doing is indeed worth it.What I do makes a difference.

· When I am tired there are times I end up just going through the motions. I hate when I am in that space…I feel like life is passing me by and I am not participating. When I am like this I go and look for a Mercy Moment. I usually don’t have to look very far or very long. They always show up.

· I have made Mercy Moments a part of my spiritual practice. Not only do I look for them at work, I also look for them at home;in my community. They are always there.

No comments: