12/12/2010

Spirits of Christmas



So this picture might seem macabre or eerie....Ghosts decorating Christmas trees in a graveyard..Surprisingly I find it quite peaceful and full of family memories.Snow,walking in cemeteries,and Christmas trees are some of my favorite things to do and experience...even in the form of walking meditation or prayer.For some reason this picture has become like an icon drawing me into God...to the idea of the presence of angels and even my ancestors.
The holidays are busy for us all...so during these days I have retreated to my massage office/studio where I can light some Christmas lights and gaze on my Halloween-like,painting/icon/prayer card. I also wear a necklace with St.Nicholas inscribed on it,(my patron saint).I wear a very rich oil with some notes of Frankincense,Myrrh and a little patchouli....I also listen to some soothing music.....and I pray...
I remember the angel on top of the tree.....and I imagine hearing her sing.....PAX CHRISTI............

No comments: